"Christmas Made in the South”
November 30, December 1, 2, 2018
Exchange Park – Ladson, S.C. (North Charleston Area)
We would like to welcome everyone to the 26th annual "Christmas Made in the South” in Ladson, South Carolina, in the North Charleston area.
The following are miscellaneous items pertaining to this event:
1. The Exchange Park is located off I-26 approximately 10 miles north of Charleston. Exit 205A or 203, then right on Hwy 78. Their physical address is 9850 U.S. 78, Ladson, SC 29465. This facility is easily accessible from I-26 with acres of free public parking. In case of emergency, the number at the Exchange Park is 843-572-3161.
2. Setup will be Thursday, November 29th from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. Show hours are Friday and Saturday 10-6, and Sunday 11-5. Exhibitors will have access to the fairgrounds two hours before the show opens on Friday and an hour and a half before opening on Saturday and Sunday. Breakdown must not begin before 5:00 pm on Sunday. Please be sure to pick up after your pets!
3. IMPORTANT: Exhibitors must limit their wattage to 0-500, 501-1000 or 1001-2000 watts. Anyone requiring more than this amount will have to make special arrangements and will incur an additional charge. Please notify us if this pertains to you. All electrical needs must be ordered before Thursday setup. Please limit your wattage to 60 watts per bulb due to circuit limitations at the Exchange Park.
4. For out of town exhibitors we have negotiated a special rate at the Hampton Inn & Suites located at 2688 Fernwood Drive, North Charleston, SC 29406. They have offered us a rate of $104.00 per night for single or double occupancy which includes a full hot breakfast and is located approximately 10 minutes from the Exchange Park. For reservations call 843.735.7500 and be sure to indicate you are affiliated with Carolina Shows, Inc. / Christmas Made in the South. Reservations must be confirmed with check or credit card by November 1, 2017 to obtain these rates.
5. IMPORTANT: RV’s will be allowed to stay at the Exchange Park from Wednesday November 28th to Monday December 3th (Vacate by 4pm). Rates are: (3 day pass $105.00) (4 day pass $140.00) (5 day pass $175.00). These rates also include full hookups. The Exchange Park has requested that Carolina Shows, Inc. collect all RV parking fees and pay the Exchange Park for fees collected. All checks for RV parking should be made payable to Carolina Shows, Inc. and mailed to PO Box 853, Matthews, NC 28106 by November 1st 2018.
Please include your arrival and departure date along with your check. You will be mailed your parking pass upon receipt of payment. Your parking pass must be displayed in your windshield at all times. Anyone not displaying their parking pass will be asked to find another location. All passes must be paid for in advance. Anyone requiring a parking pass at registration will incur an additional $20.00 fee. No overnight parking will be allowed in the public parking lots.
6. For those requesting tents, your space will be assigned upon arrival. All tents must be professional in appearance and be foot weighted. If you need tent rentals please call Snyder Rentals at 843-766-3366.
7. IMPORTANT: Bring enough work for the entire show. If you sell out you will need to stay for the remainder of the show.
8. The state of South Carolina requires that you purchase a onetime retail license in the amount of $20.00. For those who do not already have a S.C. retail license please contact the South Carolina Dept. of Revenue at 803-898-5788. For your information the sales tax is 8.5%. In addition, the County of Charleston requires each exhibitor to purchase a business license for this event. Click HERE for form for this license which is $35.00. For uniformity the county has agreed to put each exhibitor’s gross income for this event from 0 to $2,000. Checks for this license must be made payable to the County of Charleston and sent to Charleston County Revenue Collections, 4045 Bridge View Dr., North Charleston, SC 29405-7464. Do not send business applications to our office.
9. Each exhibitor is allotted 3 exhibitor badges which should be picked up at the registration desk on setup. This is your pass for entrance into the show. Additional badges are available for $4.00 each or complimentary tickets are $3.00. Be sure to WRITE YOUR NAME on your badge.
10. Hostesses will be available to relieve those who are alone and need to take a break, however, please limit your breaks to 10 minutes. Be sure to advise the registration desk on setup day if you need this service.
11. IMPORTANT: NO KITS, IMPORTS, CRAFT SUPPLIES, OR COMMERCIALLY PRODUCED ITEMS ARE ALLOWED. Only items handcrafted by you and listed on your application are acceptable. Misrepresentation of these rules can result in the closing of an exhibitor’s booth without recourse or refund and will not be considered for participation in any future Carolina Shows, Inc. events.
12. IMPORTANT: Please stay within your space. This includes chairs, tables, props, etc. Items in the aisles will be removed or put back into your space. Booths are 8 x 10. Eight foot sides are encouraged. Tables must be covered to the floor and your display must look attractive from all sides. Exhibitors are encouraged to decorate their booth in some fashion in keeping with the Christmas theme! (i.e. lights, ribbons, trees, etc.).
13. NOTE - Show balances are due 60 days prior to the show. If you have an outstanding balance, we have enclosed an invoice. If we have not received your final payment within 10 days of receipt of this letter we will assume you are not participating in the event and your space may be given to someone on our waiting list.
We would like to wish everyone the best of luck, good selling, and for those coming in from out of town, HAVE A SAFE TRIP!
IMPORTANT – Dates for the Savannah Spring Show are March 8-10, 2019! Jurying will begin December 1, 2018. Applications for all shows will be mailed out in late October and on www.MadeInTheSouthShows.com.